Films with Benefits is Back and Robots Are Trying to Kill Me!
Films with Benefits, our monthly hi-fi film trivia event is back for another rousing edition of trivia celebrating the best of cinematic tomfoolery, so mark your calendars! April's Films with Benefits event is Thursday, April 13: Robots Are Trying to Kill Me!
Robots Are Trying to Kill Me! will feature questions about films that center around humans pitted (willingly or not) against their electronic overlords. Whether it's raging robots, crazed computers, or angry A.I.s... the future is here and it's feeling stabby. So pop in to the Prime Video, Netflix, or Video Horizons, and start watching everything from Terminator to The Matrix and beyond!
Here are the details:
- We have limited capacity, so the event is first come, first seated.
- Friends with Benefits is free!
- The event runs approximately 90 minutes
- We will crown our winner with a gift subscription to the Criterion Channel (or gift certificate to Video Horizons). We'll also present a gift certificate for snacks to our runners up.
- The event is comprised of several sections, each separated by a break so you can grab another beverage or snack --or use the restroom.
- We'll kick off at 6pm. You can still participate if you arrive late, but you'll reduce your chances of a high score if you miss the first round of questions
- As our taproom is all ages, so is this event! That said, as the event involves questions about --and audio/video segments from-- films, we advise that adult language might be present in materials.
- You can definitely join as an observer --participation is totally optional!
The Fortune & Glory team is excited to provide a fun option for our friends and colleagues to gather in good company for laughter and fun-spirited competition around one of our civilization's greatest shared experiences: cinema.