May Films with Benefits: Dream of the 90s! Funny Ha Ha Edition
Films with Benefits, our monthly hi-fi film trivia event is back for another rousing edition of trivia celebrating the best of cinematic tomfoolery, so mark your calendars! May's Films with Benefits event is Thursday, May 11: Dream of the 90s - Funny Ha Ha Edition --kicking off at 7pm sharp!
This is the first of several installations focussing on 90s cinema. From Austin Powers to The Big Lebowski... Groundhog Day to Waiting for Guffman, the 90s were one of the few golden ages of American movies, but the 90s also featured some of the most cringe-worthy examples of American comedies. Ace Ventura, American Pie, Dumb & Dumber, Billy Madison, Wayne's World, Kingpin, Naked Gun, There's Something About Mary, etc. We've all seen these films, but among the gems are plenty of terrible and regrettable entries and plan to celebrate them all. So pop in to the Prime Video, Netflix, or Video Horizons, and start watching everything the 90s had to offer!
Here are the details:
- We have limited capacity, so the event is first come, first seated.
- Friends with Benefits is free!
- The event runs approximately 90 minutes
- We will crown our winner with a gift subscription to the Criterion Channel (or gift certificate to Video Horizons). We'll also present a gift certificate for snacks to our runners up.
- The event is comprised of several sections, each separated by a break so you can grab another beverage or snack --or use the restroom.
- We'll kick off at 7pm. You can still participate if you arrive late, but you'll reduce your chances of a high score if you miss the first round of questions
- As our taproom is all ages, so is this event! That said, as the event involves questions about --and audio/video segments from-- films, we advise that adult language might be present in materials.
- You can definitely join as an observer --participation is totally optional!
The Fortune & Glory team is excited to provide a fun option for our friends and colleagues to gather in good company for laughter and fun-spirited competition around one of our civilization's greatest shared experiences: cinema.